Doodlesoup

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Confessions of an office dullard

Well, this is my 4th day at work . . . the first two days I had a headache. Staring at not one, but two computer screens at the same time can really mess with your eyes.

Day 1
My hands are warm and clammy as I walk into the building to meet Brad, my new employer. I don't know what to work on, but I'll persevere. My eyes are starting to have a slight tingling sensation.

Day2
My body is sinking more and more into the contours of my chair every hour that I sit stagnent; huntched over; squinting. The job isn't really that bad. In fact I quite enjoy it. My eyes are feeling really weird though. They're starting to hurt a bit.

Day3
....My eyes, oohhhh the pain!! They burn with a furious passion that has me wondering how much longer I can go before they melt in their sockets. ....so..much...........presssssurree!!

Day4
I woke up feeling great this morning. I faintly remembered feeling better all the sudden in the middle of the night when the pain was unbearably at its worst. As I Look in the bathroom mirror I notice some yellow semi-transparent substance all around the crevices of my eyes and running down my cheeks. Is it just ordinary eye goo? No . . . . it's something completely different, but what I don't know.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

5 Comments:

  • Barnes! sounds like you maxing out, quick grab a life token.
    The only thing missing from this post is what you actually do at work. Are you working on layouts like yo usaid last week? if so what layouts are you working on?

    By Blogger Luke, at Thursday, 29 June, 2006  

  • barnes! i took out "understanding comics" from the library again. i'm now reading the section on the value of cartooning. it's profound, i can'y wait for you to read it.

    By Blogger Luke, at Thursday, 29 June, 2006  

  • I love the symentry in you user photo

    By Blogger Luke, at Sunday, 02 July, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 20 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home